Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day + Happy Birthday D!!



Happy Father’s day to all the fathers out there and the moms that are pulling a double shift!! May your day be happy and peaceful. Today is also my boyfriend D’s birthday. He is a bit older than me, but we don’t care. Age is really irrelevant. 

Yesterday, we had a birthday dinner with one of my besties. She made us some spaghetti with meat sauce and some ciabatta garlic bread. It was really good. She is an amazing cook. We went over to my mother and father’s house for Father’s day and D’s birthday. We ate tortellini with alfredo sauce and some mushroom and squash with some garlic bread. Mom also made a banana cake for D’s birthday as a surprise.

My mother surprised us by giving us money to go to the Soonercon convention this year. We’re going to be putting our money up to pre-register as soon as we can. I’m really excited about going. D is thinking he is going to wear his costume there and see if we can win the prize, which is a nice bernina sewing machine. I think we will be able to win it, but I can’t be sure. There are usually a lot of really well put together outfits at conventions.

I’m so excited and I just can’t wait to go get my convention on. D wants to see the Star Trek thing that they are having on Saturday of the convention and I want to meet Vic Mignogna. He does the voices for a bunch of the characters that I love in some of my favorite animes. The unfortunate part is that I can only remember that he played Dark in DN Angel, and Fai in Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles. These are the dubbed versions. I’m a big old nerd for this kind of stuff.

Hopefully, D and I will finish watching Love Hina before we go to the convention. We watched the first of four discs a few days ago and it’s really good. I haven’t gotten to finish watching it ever, but I bought the full set a while back and never watched it. We just got done watching Moon Phase a few days ago, like sometime last week I think. It was great. I recommend it for anyone who wants a semi-comedic semi-dramatic version of vampires. Mostly comedic I think though.

Anyway, I will post more about D’s costume plans later on. I won’t have one, but I’ll be leading him around the con probably.

YAY!!

-Vyvyan Wormwood

No comments:

Post a Comment