Monday, June 2, 2014

Dancing Around Town



I’ve been thinking a lot about cosplay and stuff lately too. I really want to make a really cool cosplay but I don’t know what I want to do. I have a bunch of ideas that I want to try and stuff, but I don’t know which ones I want to try out. Card captor Sakura, Yuuko from  xxxHolic, Freya from Chobits, Hazuki from Moon Phase, Dead Master from Black Rock Shooter, Nyozeka from Alice the 19th, Shinku from Rozen Maiden, and Rabi en Rose from DiGi Charat. I have a ton of ideas besides that but those are some of the ones I want to do.

I hope one day that I can read and watch Japanese animes and mangas in their original format. That way I can get things from the source. I like watching them with subtitles because I can read really fast (at least in my mind) and it’s easy for me to keep up with them. My boyfriend, D, also watches them with subtitles but I think he prefers them to be in English so that he can just sit and listen instead of watching them intently.

As for my steampunk ideas, I really want to go with the name Vyvyan Wormwood and dress up with a green wig and things. Like a steampunk Poison Ivy or something. I think it would be really cool. I would want a green corset to go with it. I found some cool patterns at one of the local sewing shops that have some ideas for steampunk clothing and I fell in love with some of the coats. I just wish I could fit into them all and/or knew how to expand out a pattern like I need to do.

D and I just got done doing some running to town. We got a pizza at little ceasars and ate it. We still have a couple of pieces left so we’re going to save those for later I think. The cats are acting up again. They always act up when we come home from somewhere because they miss us and think we’re going away forever. Then they get jealous of each other and start fighting. They’re both males. Their names are Cotton Puff and Anise. Cotton Puff is a Siamese and Anise is a grey tabby. They have the same mom though. We’re still not sure where the Siamese comes from. None of the cats around the neighborhood are Siamese.

Right now I am listening to music on Spotify and deciding what I want to belly dance to. I have found some pretty cool songs while listening to a radio station based on Beats Antique. I really like Beats Antique and their dancer Zoe Jakes. She’s really pretty and really talented. I want to be like her someday. I get a lot of inspiration from other dancers and their different styles. I’ve seen some really good dancers who are plus size as well. Belly dancing is a really forgiving style. You don’t have to be all skinny and tiny to do it. You just have to be confident in what you do. I’m not that confident yet but I would like to be. I want to perform at some point. That would be great!

Ah well. I can dream.

-Vyvyan Wormwood

No comments:

Post a Comment